Entradas populares

martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

Como todos los lunes, ayer Krist Novoselic actualizó su blog, echadle un vistazo


As every Monday, yesterday Krist Novoselic updated his blog, take a look

http://kristnovoselic.blogspot.com/

Planes, Amps & Transfer Values

I touch on three things in this post: The Super Vacuum Tube (SVT) bass amp, Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT) avionics and the Single Transferable Vote (STV). These acronyms represent sophisticated systems that hold meaning in my life. And what the heck, I needed a theme for this week!

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2012

Digital Age Nominations

Unafraid of Digital Democracy
The Illinois Green Party is currently conducting it’s presidential primary. What’s exciting, for me at least, is how voters can participate online if they like. I wrote a guest blog for the Ruck.us last week where I shared examples of groups holding nominations outside of state controlled open primaries. The IL Greens are another example of how our democracy is transforming into the digital age.
The Greens will also hold caucuses in conjunction with the online primary. I also find it compelling that IL Green rules allow folks 13 years and older to participate. This piqued my interest as the Grange, a group I’m a member of, allows full membership to 14 year olds. This is a feature of the Grange’s mission to foster civic values.
Thumbs up to the Illinois Green Party for their leadership with inclusive democracy!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario