Entradas populares

miércoles, 23 de noviembre de 2011

Chris Cornell en hablando para Spin.com


I remember playing a show at bar in Vancouver, BC, in 1986…. We were the absolute best that Soundgarden was at that time. I could feel it. The audience was pinned against the wall looking at us and didn’t have a clue as to what it meant. It was like, What? An indie rock band with huge riffs that sounds like ’70s rock? And that was not okay for a band that wanted to fit into the punk rock world! I remember an ashtray whizzing right by my head. It almost hit me in the eye. Just then I thought, Wow. This is clearly an indication that we’re onto something. We are pissing these people off. They don’t understand it, yet it’s effortless for us. That was when I knew that Soundgarden was onto something special.


Me recuerdo tocando en un concierto en un bar de Vancouver BC, en 1986. Estabamos absolutamente en el mejor momento de Soundgarden. Lo podía sentir. El público estaba apelotonado en el muro mirándonos sin parar. Era como ¿Qué? Una banda indie con riffs de los 70. Eso no es bueno para una banda que quiere meterse en el mundo del punk rock!. Recuerdo un cenicero zumbándome al lado de la cabeza. Casi me golpeó en el ojo. En ese momento pensé: Wow. Esto es claramente una indicación de que estamos en lo cierto. Estamos meando a esta gente. Ellos no lo entienden, sin embargo, es fácil para nosotros. Eso fue cuando me di cuenta de que Soundgarden estaba en algo especial.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario