Entradas populares

lunes, 29 de agosto de 2011

Review de la nueva canción de CHRIS CORNELL "The Keeper


The song is Cornell’s best release in years. I’m a die hard fan of Cornell, but to me the last time he really released something I loved was probably “Doesn’t Remind Me” off of Audioslave’s Out of Exile in 2005. I wasn’t too big on Audioslave’s final album Revelations, Carry On, or Scream. There were some songs here and there that I liked, like “You Know My Name,” but Chris’ voice just didn’t seem the same to me and the vibe just seemed to go away from the style he created in the 90′s, which is fine but I just wasn’t as in to it as his 90′s stuff.
This song sounds straight out of the 90′s. On “The Keeper” Cornell collaborates with Alain Johannes, who worked with Cornell on his 1999 classic Euphoria Morning. This song sounds like it could have been on Euphoria Morning (or even Temple of the Dog), Chris sounds like he did in the 90′s. The lyrics are just great and so inspired, here are some great ones from the song:
“Beauty and truth collide where love meets genocide. Where laughter meets fear. Confusion all around as I try to feed these mouths that have never known singing”
“And before I let one more tear hit the ground. I will be the one standing between you and the sound of the rounds. Echoing out, out of the dark. The smoke and the spark, aimed at the heart of the flame. I am the keeper.”
“And before I let one more life get embraced. From the ashes I will rise for you and the ghosts of the names. Faces and frames, the love and the pain for you I remain, though I’m not worthy of being the keeper of the flame.”
Grunge lovers, the Chris Cornell we all love is back. This makes me even more excited about the new Soundgarden album.

 La canción es lo mejor sacado por Cornell desde hace años. Soy un fan hasta la muerte de Cornell, pero para mi la ultima vez que verdaderamente lanzó algo que me gustó verdaderamente es probablemente " Doesn’t Remind Me” off of Audioslave’s Out of Exile in 2005. No estoy demasiado enganchado en el último disco de Audioslave, en el Carry On o el Scream. Había unas cuantas canciones ahi que me gustaban, como "You Know My Name" pero, la voz de Chris no era la misma y el estilo no era el que creo en los 90s, que está bien, pero que no es como el de los 90s



Esta canción suena sacado de los años 90. En "The Keeper" Cornell colabora con Alain Johannes, quien trabajó con Cornell en 1999 en su ya clasico Euphoria Morning. Esta canción suena como que podría haber estado en Euphoria Morning (o incluso en Temple of the Dog), Chris suena como en los años 90. La letra es simplemente genial y muy inspirada, aquí algo de lo mejor de la canción:
“Beauty and truth collide where love meets genocide. Where laughter meets fear. Confusion all around as I try to feed these mouths that have never known singing”
"La belleza y la verdad chocan donde el amor encuentra el genocidio. Donde la risa se reúne con el miedo. Confusión por todas partes como yo trato de alimentar a esas bocas que nunca han conocido el canto "

“And before I let one more tear hit the ground. I will be the one standing between you and the sound of the rounds. Echoing out, out of the dark. The smoke and the spark, aimed at the heart of the flame. I am the keeper.”
"Y antes de dejar que una lágrima más toque el suelo. Voy a ser el pie que existe entre tú y el sonido de las rondas. Haciéndose eco fuera, fuera de la oscuridad. El humo y la chispa, dirigido al corazón de la llama. Yo soy el guardián. "
“And before I let one more life get embraced. From the ashes I will rise for you and the ghosts of the names. Faces and frames, the love and the pain for you I remain, though I’m not worthy of being the keeper of the flame.”
"Y antes de dejar una vida más se abrazaron. De las cenizas me levanto para tio y los fantasmas de los nombres. Caras y marcos, el amor y el dolor para ti me quedo, aunque yo no soy digno de ser el guardián de la llama".

Amantes del Grunge, el Chris Cornell que todos amamos, está de vuelta. Esto hace más esperado el nuevo disco de Soundgarden
Sacado de Grungereport.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario